About the physical complex

<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage AssociationWhen The Diocese of Baton Rouge was carved out of the Arch diocese of New Orleans, Bayou Pigeon moved with St. John Evangelist Church of Plaquemine to the Diocese of Baton Rouge.

On January 10, 1965, the new bishop of Baton Rouge (Robert Tracy)
appointed the Rev. C. Peter Jenniskens the first full time pastor of the
Bayou Pigeon church.

Only eight months after the arrival of father Jenniskens the church of “Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal was officially changed to be named St. Joan of Arc”.

The 1980’s saw St Joan of Arc Parish at it’s peak. The complex was at it’s peak in 2003 when the current church was completed.

<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association


<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association

St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church Complex post 2014.

<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association

The main use of the complex in the hayday of the church parish, (1980’s) was an Annual Church Fair, usually occurring on the first weekend of June, timed to capitalize on the crawfish season. Here was usually the Midway rides, lots of food booths and ball tournament.

<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, the Bayou Pigeon Mission Church 1952.

<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association

St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church 1980.

<em>Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association

St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church 2003.

JOIN THE

BAYOU PIGEON
HERITAGE ASSOCIATION

Bayou Pigeon Heritage Association

Membership Levels
Member Name

OR
MAKE A DONATION
in any amount